Roseville, CA, CA
$60,000 - $85,000
Apr 21, 2017
Commercial Solar Electrical Superintendent-Must have an active CA -Journeyman Electrician license
The Site Superintendent is charged with daily control of all aspects of the job site including, but not limited to, coordination of materials and labor, management of the schedule, management of subcontractors, budgetary responsibility, and insuring adherence to safety, scope, timeline and quality requirements.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
· Ensure adherence to all safety policies and procedures.
· Responsible for managing all subcontractors.
· Pre-construction meetings to review plans, specifications, scope of work, change orders to date and budgets.
· Perform site evaluations of perspective projects.
· Schedule, communicate and coordinate with customer field representative for start date, deliveries and construction progress.
· Set the sequence and assignment of work to minimize exposure to job site safety risks and to keep the installation on budget and on time
· Fill out necessary paperwork for materials and equipment delivery.
· Constantly monitor all aspects of the execution of the work: labor, material, schedule delays and additional mobilization.
· Visit all jobs in progress at least twice a week.
· Translate and interpret construction schematics to actual installation.
· Ensure NEC and UBC Code compliance on installation of all electrical and mechanical components.
· Coordinate and complete inspection items and warranty requirements.
· Fill out necessary paperwork for materials and equipment delivery
· Review of payroll and timely submission to department manager for approval.
· Review material/labor variance reports.
· WIP (work in progress) – updated with weekly payroll processing.
· Maintain updated calendar for current and upcoming jobs.
· Monitor installations with plans, specifications and manufacturers recommendations.
· Maintain consistent job-site cleanliness.
· Commission completed projects.
· Familiarity with the building/construction trades.
· GED or High School Diploma.
· Journeyman Electrician preferred.
· OSHA 30 Training preferred.
· NABCEP PV or Thermal Certification preferred.
· 5 years of construction supervision experience.
· Proficient with computers, reading blue prints, plans and specs
· Experience implementing quality control/quality assurance processes.
· Demonstrated Safe Working Practices and knowledge of OSHA safety standards.
· Understanding of construction math.
· Success at managing and delivering construction projects on schedule and under budget.
· Ability to analyze project scenarios and implement site-specific design modifications.
· Self-starter with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
· Proven ability to manage and motivate employees.
· Organized and able to meet deadlines.
· Great attention to detail with a commitment to quality workmanship.
· Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check, national driving record, and drug screen.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.