Top 10 National CPA Firm—Nationwide—Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Highly competitive benefits and compensation package.
- Great work/life balance and more entrepreneurial than the larger firms.
- Company is growing, providing room for upward mobility.
- Great company culture, making a difference in lives of both clients and employees.
Note from Hiring Manager
- Candidates can be based anywhere in the country. They will work from home when not traveling.
- 50% travel except in Chicago/Philadelphia/NYC, where travel could be lower.
- CPA or equivalent certification preferred, not required.
The Credit Advisory Risk team specializes in due diligence field exams for the specialty finance and securitization industries (banking & mortgage). Seeking Senior through Senior Managers to provide debt and equity transactional due diligence, loan portfolio reviews, asset based lending, and asset securitization review services to the financial services industry. These positions provide services specifically tailored to clients’ changing needs, including varying aspects of initial or periodic analysis for financial transactions.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; Master’s Degree in Accounting, Taxation, or related business field preferred for Senior Manager.
- Senior- 3+ years’ experience in related field.
- Manager- 6 years’ experience in public accounting or related field, 3 years’ supervisory experience, and 7-10 years’ experience in ABL, Securitization, and PE Due Diligence OR as Internal Auditor or Credit reviewer within Financial Services Industry.
- Senior Manager- 8 years’ experience in public accounting or related field, 5 years’ supervisory experience, and 8-15 years’ exemplary experience in commercial loan analysis preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently to meet deadlines.
- Proficient use of applicable technology.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of organization, both internally and externally.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform and/or manage due diligence assignments.
- Prepare and review consultant reports and work products and provide timely feedback.
- Complete engagements, including managing all aspect of project.
- Conduct field work and analysis both remotely and on-site.
- Participate in business development activities to include memberships in qualified organizations.
- Perform due diligence and field examination assignments for the Group’s clients
- Supervise, train, and mentor staff and work to develop responsible employees by conducting performance feedback and evaluations.
- Be a subject matter expert within the business unit and share knowledge.
- Assume significant client responsibility as client’s trusted advisor while knowledgeable of industry trends; identify client issues and conflicts and proactively communicate solution options to team and clients.
- Manage staff on engagement deliverables and complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met.
- Oversee new client development in partnership with upper management and participate in client meetings, presentations, and proposal development; meet individual cross serve goals.
- Oversee billing and realization on clients, develop overall engagement budget, and explain variances.
- Drive a team environment, demonstrate support of management decisions, and build a positive culture.
- Make recommendations on internal department procedures and recognize business opportunities for clients and company.
- Lead and grow the commercial loan analysis, loan review, and credit consulting function that provides high-quality financial statement spreading, commercial credit analysis, and loan review consulting for both initial underwriting purposes and annual reviews of existing credits; credit review training.
- Conduct field work and analysis both remotely and on-site (consistent travel required).
- Provide direction and leadership in the national roll-out of developing company services.
- Responsible for completion of engagements, including managing all aspects of project.
- Develop qualified and highly motivated analytical staff on a schedule that will enable department to take advantage of new growth opportunities.
- Manage and devise a growth plan for the commercial loan analysis, loan review, credit review training, and credit consulting function.
- Spread corporate financial statements of client’s present and prospective commercial borrowers.
- Provide expert written financial analyses of commercial borrowers to serve as one credit analytical client tool in the initial and on-going review process.
- Thoroughly prepare through training to take over the management of a unit.
- Participate in the marketing efforts required to achieve the unit’s growth potential.
- Meet new business prospects and actively service existing clients.