This role is responsible for planning, implementing, and maintaining a variety of occupational health, safety, and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. In addition, assures that the company complies with applicable federal and state environmental, health, and safety laws, regulations, and standards.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices in the workplace.
- Survey to identify and evaluate environmental, occupational health, and safety opportunities by conducting and coordinating on-site inspections to audit physical conditions and safe work practices.
- Provide advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
- Conduct Job Safety Analysis.
- Develop controls for identified hazards. Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Direct or assist in the development of all safety education and training materials.
- Maintain and annually review all environmental, health and safety programs, policies, and SOPs.
- Conduct specialized safety training programs to communicate hazard control information and ensure compliance.
- Assist in new employee occupational health, safety and environmental orientation.
- Lead the Safety Committee meetings.
- Compile, analyze, interpret and report accident, loss, and exposure statistical data; prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards.
- Review injury and property damage reports and perform root cause analysis.
- Responsible for the overall administration of workers' compensation program.
- Conduct PPE analysis and recommend the purchase of safety equipment and supplies and incorporate essential occupational health, safety, and environmental requirements in all purchasing and control actions.
- Audit and counsel/assist offsite locations across organization regarding safety and environmental compliance.
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations.
- Manage the security functions of the facility and the security team.
- Drives and promotes EHS culture change throughout site.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal safety, health, and/or environmental regulations.
- Actively manage the site waste programs to minimize waste generation and take advantage of recycling opportunities.
- Coordinate with company resources regarding site regulatory permits, reports, and compliance requirements.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- A BS degree in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, or Environmental Sciences, or in a related field is preferred.
- Must have knowledge or training in the following: occupational health, safety and environmental compliance with applicable federal and state regulations and standards. As well as, the ability to comply with the appropriate reporting requirements of the applicable federal and state agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of implementing, and delivering hands on health, safety and environmental training.
- Demonstrated ability in the development, implementation, and coordination of comprehensive health and safety accident prevention programs.