Well established, highly profitable CPA and consulting firm offers two exceptional career opportunities for professionals who specialize in financial advisory services. Positions are available at the Director and Manager levels. Prefer candidates licensed as a CPA with a minimum of five years of Big-4 or national CPA / Consulting firm experience, specializing in the financial services industry. Candidates must be either U. S. citizens, Permanent Residents, or active holders of a TN or H-1 visa with hands-on experience in the U. S.
This practice is a great alternative to the rigors, politics, and excessive overtime inherent with the Big-4. They offer an entrepreneurial, consulting oriented environment with a variety of both Fortune 500 and closely held clients, in diverse industries. The firm offers, high salaries, monthly and annual bonuses, great benefits, flexible work schedules, and a reasonable work / life balance. The office is located in Woodland Hills, a suburb of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley. Prefer candidates based locally, however, client will consider paying interview expenses and a relocation package to exceptional candidates coming directly from Big-4 firms.
Financial Services Advisory Director
Lead strategic advisory engagements and multi-disciplinary teams serving our financial services and other industry clients ranging in size from early stage startups to Fortune 500 companies. Take responsibility for client satisfaction and enhance our role as a valued and trusted advisor.
Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to advise clients on complex technical accounting issues. Representative topic areas may include but are not limited to revenue recognition, lease accounting, allowance for loan and lease loss accounting, loan accounting including purchase credit impaired loans, debt/equity transactions, share based compensation, purchase accounting, IPO process, consolidation and much more.
Research and resolve complex accounting issues balancing client preferred solutions within the confines of the US GAAP structure. Common complex accounting areas include revenue recognition, stock-based compensation, preferred stock, business combinations, and consolidation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field. CPA required.
- Public accounting/transaction advisory experience within financial services industry (Mortgage Institutions, Banks, Consumer Finance, Insurance, Real Estate, etc.)
- Strong people, project and client management skills.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adapt communication and responses as needed based on each situation.
- Ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms.
- Innovative thinker with strong analytical skills, sound interpretation of complex subject matter, ability to generate meaningful insights and develop pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and coach others to develop their capabilities.
- Ability to resolve conflicts and use them as learning and development opportunities.
- Ability to execute and operate in high-pressure and fast-paced environments.
- Ability to quickly adapt to unexpected changes in timelines, deadlines and scope of work.