Production Supervisor - Lean
- Local foods packaging manufacturer that has been in business for 50+ years has a need for a 1st shift Production Supervisor
- Our client needs to hire a supervisor who understands how to drive and an implement continuous improvement utilizing lean and six-sigma principles
- They process and package food for some of the largest food retailers and restaurants in the united states
- Our client offers great benefits, stability, growth potential and a good work life balance.
- This job is open due to expanding and purchasing a new facility
- Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a production shift to maximize productivity and minimize cost while maintaining quality.
- Will have direct supervision responsibility of 10-40 employees
- Run, lead and manage continuous improvement projects
- Ensure quality product is being produced at the standard rate while minimizing scrap and down time.
- Ensure all company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Provide positive reinforcement, constructive criticism and disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Identify and resolve issues using lean manufacturing and continuous improvement methodologies
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree is required. Ideally in Operations Management, Business, Engineering, Supply Chain, etc.
- 2-4 years of prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Must have manufacturing experience with a continuous improvement background.
- Ideally experience with Six-Sigma and Lean manufacturing implementation
- Desired experience: HAACP, FDA, AIB, USDA or SQF / BRC
- Prefer Bi-lingual English / Spanish
- Open to working 1st shift