I thought you might be interested in the Manager of Materials and Production job listed at Client Staffing Solutions, Inc.. Just copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://jobs.clientstaffingsolutions.com/JobSeeker/Detail.aspx?jid=02461255
Enter the number in the image to the right
Manager of Materials and Production
$75,000 - $95,000
Apr 21, 2017
Manager of Materials and Production
Salary up to 95K + bonus potential
Do you have a background in materials or operations management?
Do you have experience successfully scheduling production in a job shop manufacturing environment?
Do you enjoy making improvements in a manufacturing environment?
Have you overseen a staff of manufacturing professionals?
Would you like to join a company that is averaging 25% growth annually?
This position could be for you!
Due to growth, manufacturer is seeking a Manager of Materials and Production to lead the plant materials, scheduling and production staff. The Manager of Materials and Production will report to the COO and will be responsible for the following tasks:
Assess current scheduling and production processes to evaluate and make recommendations for improvement
Develop a production scheduling process based on forecasts, work in progress and customer deadlines
Schedule manpower and work stations according to production demands and deadlines
Generate production and scheduling reports to assist with evaluation of KPIs and manufacturing metrics
Study the production process and implement needed process improvements; including increasing efficiencies, reducing scrap, etc.
Drive change throughout the manufacturing systems to support needed scheduling modifications
Oversee procurement of raw materials and buyouts
Develop and implement methods to ensure vendor compliance
Eventually lead, evaluate and develop staff to achieve company production goals
Other tasks assigned by plant management
Candidates must be able to communicate directly and effectively at all levels, be self-motivated, take initiative on projects, have excellent project management skills and enjoy being hands on as needed. This position does require some travel for vendors, conferences and trade shows. This position is eligible for BONUS, 401K, medical and dental benefits, vacation, paid holidays, long term disability and life insurance.
REQUIREMENTS for the
Manager of Materials and Production:
1. A bachelor’s degree highly preferred or an associates degree with job shop experience
2. At least three years in a similar lead materials or production management role
3. Experience working in “job shop” manufacturing environments, highly preferred
4. A strong scheduling background; ideally implementing scheduling processes
5. Experience making process improvements in a manufacturing environment related to production, materials and/or scheduling processes
6. Experience overseeing others
7. Strong Microsoft Excel skills
Skills preferred but NOT required:
1. Experience with an ERP or MRP system
2. Paint and fabrication manufacturing experience
Why work for this organization:
1. The company has experienced extensive growth over the last 5 years
2. The opportunity for 401K, profit sharing and bonus potential
3. Opportunity for advancement
4. Employee perks, past benefits
Candidates need to be local to the Columbus, Ohio area. There is not a relocation package at this time.
materials management, materials manager, purchasing manager, inventory control manager, director of materials, director of purchasing, director of inventory control, procurement manager, director of procurement, purchasing supervisor, inventory control supervisor, research and evaluate suppliers, master scheduler, production manager, manufacturing manager, plant manager, operations manager, director of production, director of manufacturing, plant superintendent, plant supervisor, area supervisor