New York City, NY
$200,000 - $250,000
Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy
Apr 04, 2017
Are you a Medical Director that has extensive knowledge in managing healthcare related claims? Do you have experience mentoring, training and directing all medical claims and nursing staff on medical issues? If you please read on.
Working in NYC, your job will be working with the executive team of a top ten workers' compensation insurance fund. You will oversee the analysis and management of healthcare for claimants, the review of physician treatments and diagnoses, and the management of prescription practices.
What you will be doing:
• Promote the use of evidence based medicine to improve care and outcomes for claimants.
• Serve as the technical lead for the funds nursing staff of 60+ employees.
• Acts as medical support for the funds strategic decisions.
• Interact with senior management in defining economic policies impacting medical decision/quality.
• Develop programs and systems to control the use of opioids as treatment in claims.
What you need:
• Minimum, MD or DO with Board Certification in a recognized specialty. Preferably certified in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
• At least 5 years of direct patient care experience
• Active New York State medical license
• Knowledge of workers’ compensation system and treatment