REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION - WESTERN REGION
Leads and manages regional sales activities, account strategy and channel relationships to achieve the company’s sales and operating income objectives in a specific region.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads sales team in successful implementation of Industrial Automation (IA) sales strategy.
• Develops and assigns OEM/Channel Sales Engineer Target Accounts to all regional staff.
• Manages sales personnel in the territory to achieve company’s sales targets by focusing on new business opportunities and supporting existing accounts.
• Effectively coaches and develops personnel.
• Manages relationships with distributors to achieve maximum sales results.
• Monitors the market place for continuous improvement and potential upgrade of sales channel to help position company for future sales growth within specific targeted vertical markets or industries.
• Maintains a working business plan monitoring current regional sales performance and forecast for future growth opportunities for both short and long term.
• Manages competitive pricing issues through the CRM Quote Approval process.
• Manages company policies and procedures as they pertain to the sales territory.
• Establishes appropriate sales metrics and performance criteria for proper measurement of sales activity for assigned sales personnel.
• Identifies, recruits, and retains talented sales professionals (“A” Players).
• Communicates effectively and as needed to senior management, and provides sound input to development of divisional sales strategies.
• Provides accurate sales forecasts and sales reporting to senior management.
• Supports customer requests for information and service as requested.
• Represents the company at various activities (as required) such as trade shows, seminars, etc.
• Makes sales calls at regional OEM/Channel Sales Engineer Target Accounts.
• Performs other job functions as assigned.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
• Supervise regional staff, which may include several sales, technical and administrative personnel.
• Oversee daily activities, and manage the performance of the staff.
• Adhere to supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
• Perform interviews, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work: appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• 40%-domestic and some international
Essential Education, Skills and Experience
• BS in an Engineering discipline: (i.e.: Electrical, Mechanical) or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years experience in sales management/supervisory role. Ability to lead people and get results through others.
• 10+ years sales experience in the automation industry (Motion, PLC’s, HMI’s, Software, VFD’s)
• Strong Leadership Skills. A positive, motivating influence on subordinates and peers.
• Strong Work Ethic (leads by example).
• Strong Sales Management skills. Solid track record of consistent sales and profitability growth.
• Excellent people and relationship building skills.
• Effective coaching and mentoring skills. An asset and a resource to staff in dealing with customers.
• Solid written and verbal communication skills, including listening, questioning, interviewing and presentation skills.
• Solid planning, organization and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks, and manage local and remote employees.
• Proven ability to analyze problems and arrive at sound conclusion. Enables resolution of employee conflicts.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Computer proficiency – (Microsoft WORD, EXCEL, and OUTLOOK)
Beneficial Education, Skills and Experience
• Financial Management Skills (i.e. Financial P/L terms. Familiar with concepts of Cost Center Management, ROI, ROA, ROE, Incremental and Zero-Based Budgeting, an understanding of Balance sheets, etc...)
• Knowledge of the Japanese Culture as it pertains to business conduct, and communication.
• International travel experience.