$17.11 - $23.78
Apr 20, 2017
General job duties. Types of procedures required. Under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Medical Director and Respiratory Supervisor, the Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing Respiratory Care services in according with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures. Performs other duties as assigned.
Equipment utilized in the unit/dept. (Is there computerized charting, medication systems, etc.) Meditech computer charting and Pyxis Medication
• Basic computer knowledge. (Non-Essential)
• Ability to use ABG machine, ventilators/BiPap, neb treatments, EKG.
• Ability to perform chest PT.
Required skills and minimum years of experience.
• Current State of Texas Respiratory Therapist Licensure (RRT or CRT).
• Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy.
• BLS required.
• ACLS, NRP and PALS required within 6 months of hire.
• Three or more years of previous experience in all aspects of respiratory care preferred.
Shift or schedule requirements. (Will the employee ever work alone? Is call required? If so, how often? Are weekends required?)
Availability for full-time – 7a-7p or 7p-7a, PRN status and cover on weekends. The employee never works alone. Matrix calls for a minimum of two therapists at all times.
Nurse to patient ratio of this unit. (nursing only) Therapist to a procedure so if a specific number of procedures then another tech is needed.
Dress Code: Ciel Blue Scrubs and comfortable shoes
Tell us about the unit/department specific training and orientation program. There will be a safety quiz that the participant will need to complete and department orientation that the participant will need to complete
Salary: (Typically do not hire more than 4% above midpoint)
Min - 18.57
Mid - 23.78