Sr. Relay Technician
We are seeking Protective Relay Technicians for expanding Field Services Group. Great opportunity to join well-established industry leader, consistently ranked in the Top 50 nationwide of the Top 500 Design Firms (ENR-2016). Must be experienced with the installation, testing, inspection, calibration, and repair of all system protection devices, transducers, and substation equipment (digital microprocessor relays, circuits, protective controls, and switchboards). You will be working on electrical transmission and distribution systems for our utility clients.
LOCATIONS: Boston MA, Manchester NH, Portland ME, Syracuse NY, Orlando FL, West Palm Beach FL, Raleigh NC, Columbus OH
- Install, test, inspect, calibrate, and repair all electronic relays, circuits, system protection devices, transducers, and substation equipment, including SCADA and remote terminals.
- Diagnose electrical and electronic problems; interpret manufacturer's drawings, equipment manuals, or diagrams; and determine the proper course of action to complete corrective and preventive maintenance, as required, for the safe and efficient operation of all system protection equipment.
- Consult with manufacturer's technical support to determine proper repair or maintenance procedures.
- Complete and deliver accurate reports and information.
- Perform functional verification of protective schemes and equipment.
- Additional duties as may be required
- Minimum 5 years of HV utility system protection testing and commissioning.
- BS or AS degree in industrial electrical, instrument and control, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years increasingly responsible system protection experience directly related to the installation and maintenance of electro-mechanical and electronic digital relays and control equipment utilized by electric utilities.
- Basic knowledge of alternating current (ac) and direct current (dc) theory and relaying protection schemes.
- Ability to:
- Read and understand construction and manufacturer's drawings and specifications.
- Read and understand schematic diagrams.
- Utilize relay test sets to prove protective device settings. Familiarity with Doble Protest, AcSELelerator, and ENOSERVE RTS a plus.
- Troubleshoot, identify, and resolve problems in a timely manner, using sound judgment.
- Familiarity with SCADA and remote terminals is a plus!
- Written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills at the level required to successfully perform the essential responsibilities of the position.
U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status required.
Salary: DOE. Per diem travel expenses covered. Full benefits.