Any US City
$70,000 - $100,000
Mar 17, 2017
Locations: NYC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Houston (energy focused) and Nashville (healthcare focused).
Leading independent global professional services firm, which specializes in providing turnaround management, performance improvement, and corporate advisory services, is expanding their Transaction Advisory Group in several cities across America.
- Assist with core financial due diligence, helping to identify key risks and potential deal breakers, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the business against industry benchmarks, and assist with the evaluation of the potential transaction in the context of their clients’ investment strategy.
- Analyze detailed financial statement information including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and key operational data. Synthesize and convert the data into meaningful information that is used to drive discussions with target management and drive observations and conclusions.
- Assess the quality of the target company's reported earnings, net assets and cash flows.
- After an investigative analysis, this person will assist in the construction of deal oriented reports and presentations for clients that highlight the key financial, commercial and other findings facing investments and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows. This person will assist the team in further articulating how such findings should be incorporated into the client's valuation and sale / purchase agreement, and provide other negotiating points.
- The candidate will participate in meetings and conference calls with target company management and with client personnel, and the will serve as a secondary point of contact for client personnel with respect to day-to-day execution matters. Between transactions, the candidate will assist with building / maintaining client relationships.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting and/or related major
- CPA certification or in process of obtaining one
- Big Four experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel
- The ideal candidate for the Associate position will have at least 1-3 years of audit experience at a Big Four accounting firm as well as a preferred minimum 1 year of experience in a financial accounting due diligence group
- The successful candidate will be ranked a Top Performer in his or her peer group and furthermore, driven to success, a self-starter, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. The individual will be insightful, decisive, a critical thinker, and commercial. Further, the individual will be able to work well on teams however will develop the knowledge and maturity to work with our clients independently.
- Financial Due Diligence experience
Specific characteristics include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to articulate to senior members of target management, client representatives and colleagues
- Highly analytical mind-set
- Strong project management skills
- Deep accounting skills including a working knowledge of US GAAP
- Team-oriented personality
- Professional in style and demeanor/exercises good judgment
- Motivated and effective in a fast-paced culture