Any US City
$150,000 - $300,000
Mar 17, 2017
Locations: NYC, Chicago, LA, San Francisco, Boston, Atlanta, Houston (energy focused) and Nashville (healthcare focused).
Leading independent global professional services firm, which specializes in providing turnaround management, performance improvement, and corporate advisory services, is expanding their Transaction Advisory Group in several cities across America.
- Assist with core financial due diligence, helping to identify key risks and potential deal breakers, assess the strengths and weaknesses of the business against industry benchmarks, and assist with the evaluation of the potential transaction in the context of their clients’ investment strategy.
- Analyze detailed financial statement information including income statement, balance sheet, cash flow and key operational data. Synthesize and convert the data into meaningful information that is used to drive discussions with target management and drive observations and conclusions.
- Assess the quality of the target company's reported earnings, net assets and cash flows.
- After an investigative analysis, assist in the construction of deal-oriented reports and presentations for clients that highlight the key financial, commercial and other findings facing investments and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows. Assist the team in further articulating how such findings should be incorporated into the client's valuation and sale / purchase agreement, and provide other negotiating points.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with target company management and with client personnel, and the will serve as a secondary point of contact for client personnel with respect to day-to-day execution matters. Between transactions, assist with building/maintaining client relationships.
- Is recognized as a role model for all levels of employees, and is able to effectively handle personnel matters with employees, including difficult career counseling situations
- Effectively leads the team in conversations with clients and lenders
- Displays the ability to manage and prioritize engagements and responsibilities appropriately
- Effectively handles all relationship matters with clients, with limited Managing Director involvement
- Has earned the trust of clients to the point where the client is comfortable dealing directly with the SD and doesn’t request significant MD involvement
- Manages multiple chargeable and non-chargeable projects of varying size and complexity
- Possesses ability to identify potential transaction risks and implements strategies to address the risks
- Is recognized as a subject matter expert in several technical accounting subjects that are relevant to TAG
- Possesses appropriate report writing skills in order to write/review full due diligence report
- Acts as lead on Quality of Earnings, P&L and Working Capital analysis
- Effectively develops and maintains relationships with clients and continually emphasizes the capabilities of Firm to the client
- Manages client relationships and ensures all client needs are met
- Develops and proposes creative solutions to engagement and transaction risks and effectively manages problem resolution
- Consistently displays leadership capabilities
- Assists engagement executives in maximizing the value the client is receiving from Firm (i.e., monitors engagement leverage, efficiency of staff, and appropriateness of T&Es billed by all team members)
- Activity recruits, trains, and develops individuals of all levels for TAG
- Participates in training initiatives, including developing and teaching courses as appropriate
- Displays a core understanding of all TAG services (FDD/ODD) and strives to cross-sell TAG and other Firm services, as opportunities arise
- Gathers applicable conflict check information and coordinates with Managing Directors to set up engagement codes and other engagement requirements
- Assists Managing Directors in sales efforts
- Contributes to sales pursuits by generating new client business and/or adding on business from current client
- Effectively manages client relationships by expanding TAG market share within existing clients and increasing non-TAG purchases from Firm at both the fund and portfolio levels
- Identifies and pursues referrals from existing clients and new client opportunities by attending industry conferences
- Appropriately manages engagement risks and potential client or engagement issues
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting and/or related major
- CPA certification
- Big Four experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Financial Due Diligence experience
- The ideal candidate for the Senior Director position will have at least 10+ years of audit and/or financial accounting due diligence experience at a Big Four accounting firm
- The successful candidate will be ranked a Top Performer in his or her peer group and furthermore, driven to success, a self-starter, and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. The individual will be insightful, decisive, a critical thinker, and commercial. Further, the individual will be able to work well on teams however will develop the knowledge and maturity to work with our clients independently.
Specific characteristics include:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to articulate to senior members of target management, client representatives and colleagues
- Highly analytical mind-set
- Strong project management skills
- Deep accounting skills including a working knowledge of US GAAP
- Team-oriented personality
- Professional in style and demeanor/exercises good judgment
- Motivated and effective in a fast-paced culture