Sseeking qualified applicants for the position of Electrical / Controls Engineer in our Waterville, Ohio plant for our off-shift operations.
The Waterville plant located just outside of Toledo, Ohio manufactures direct melt products including wet chop glass fibers primarily for specialty applications, glass reinforcements for gypsum wall boards, direct dry chop for plastic reinforcements, single end roving for weavers and plastic reinforcements, glass mat and some specialty products.
Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify under our relocation policy.
- Modify electrical control circuits and PLC/HMI programs.
- Work on a maintenance team in troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment, control systems, and data acquisition breakdowns.
- Partner with Health, Safety, and Environmental team to ensure compliance with standards, practices, and policies for pollution control, installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedure, inspection, and maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations.
- Respond to maintenance issues with equipment and control systems in support of a 24/7 operation.
- Assist with design, integration, installation, and support of manufacturing equipment, control systems, and data acquisition systems. This includes new installations and existing equipment/system upgrades.
- Interface with Production/Engineering personnel at all levels.
- Perform as a technical resource for plant electricians
- Write technical reports and develop charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system operating characteristics and functionality.
- Test and commission newly installed machines and equipment to ensure fulfillment of contract specifications.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3-5 years' experience in control systems, programming and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of safety circuit, 24VDC and 120VAC control circuits and troubleshooting.
- In-depth knowledge of common controls architecture provided by Rockwell Automation and Honeywell required.
- Experience in manufacturing including process knowledge, software development & hardware integration, knowledge of system engineering required.
- Knowledge of three phase motors, transformers.
- Strong programming skills in Allen-bradley controllers like SLC500, ControlLogix and HMI/SCADA packages like Factorytalk View Studio
- Knowledge of basic networking and communication protocols like Ethernet/IP, DH+, DH485, TCP/IP
- Required knowledge in AutoCAD.
- Excellent interpersonal communication (written and verbal).
- Proven teambuilding skills including facilitation and team member participation.
Additional consideration given for:
- Preferred knowledge in Honeywell DCS systems, Allen-bradley Powerflex drives
- Proficient user of SAP and other systems that are necessary
- Experienced working in a union environment
- Experience with MS Office Suite